Only the applicants who meet the requirements and have the top scores on the Mechanical Aptitude test will be contacted for an interview.
Those applicants selected from the interviews must attend a mandatory safety training session. After the training session is completed, probationary apprentices will be placed on a list to be dispatched as work becomes available. If you are accepted for an apprenticeship, you will be required to:
- Serve a 9000-hour apprenticeship.
- Be punctual and maintain a good attendance record on the job.
- Provide own transportation to and from job sites.
- Work under the direction of a Journeyperson on the job site and perform duties.
- Attend related training classes regularly and maintain an acceptable average in those classes.
- Training will include three sessions of Trade School (8 weeks each), and also minimum of four mandatory night school courses over the five-year contract.
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee.